Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Difference One Day Makes

The day before Richard left we had a snow adventure.  Adrienne needed some specific photos for an assignment she had in her photography class. She asked if me if I wanted to go with her to Mesa Falls on Friday.  The weather got bad and we decided to go on Saturday so Richard could take us in the Jeep.  Saturday morning Richard and Annalina went to pick up Adrienne and Jon.  I got a phone call saying Jon was not going so there was room for one more.  I said no, I had papers that needed grading. I was also worried about Joseph who had been up with an earache the night before.  I sat at the kitchen table ready to start grading when the thought came to me that I needed to go with them.  Jacob was home for Joseph, so I called Adrienne back and told them to swing by and pick me up.  We had a great day.  We drove to the Warm River campgrounds and walked back to the river through several feet of snow.  It was crazy but fun.  Then we drove towards the falls. We stopped at one spot but hadn't gone far enough. Then we realized that the road went no further this time of year. So no waterfall for us!  We drove to the other side of Rexburg to the Snake River and Adrienne was able to get some photos. 

We had a great time.  I can't help but feel that I was prompted by the Spirit to go on this little adventure.  Had I not gone, I would have regretted it always.  I know Richard enjoyed his time with us, even thought he was a little withdrawn, but he had been all week.  I also know now that he was already planning to leave.  How he was able to spend this time with us knowing it would be the last is beyond anything I can possibly imagine.  My mind races with the things I would have said or done if I had only known it was our last adventure together.  I am sad, but so grateful we had one more day together of doing things we both loved doing, being together, exploring nature and spending time with the kids. 









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am in awe of your strenght. Love You!

The Walkers