Monday, February 17, 2014

Family Fast

We had a family fast for Richard on Sunday.  If he only knew how many people joined in!  There were friends and family from coast to coast praying for his safe return.  Annalina was sick Sunday morning and Jacob had just worked the graveyard shift so it was just Joseph and I who went to church.

Joseph has not taken to fasting.  He skips just one meal, but he has not found joy in it and I can understand that, he is still so young.  I told Joseph I was fasting for Daddy and that he did not have to.  A little while later he came up to me and said he would like to join me and fast for lunch. He never once complained. We prayed together and it was a very tender experience.  Joseph prays for Daddy every single night, as we all do.  So many people are praying for my husband it is overwhelming.  I hope that somehow, wherever he is, he will feel that love.

Sunday night I had a short but powerful feeling of peace come over me.  In my mind I heard the words "have hope".  I have been in such an emotional state of turmoil I worry that the Spirit has trouble getting through to me.  So I am trying to keep my mind calm and think positive thoughts.  I am clinging to that message of hope, whatever it may mean. I have hope, that my husband may possibly return and if not, hope that everything will eventually be okay.

No comments: