Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Tender Mercies


 Sunday I tried a new recipe for dinner. Word of advice, crisis situations require good solid recipes.  It was perhaps the worst meal I have ever made. I went to my room and I cried!  Every night since a wonderful meal has been brought to our home. I am so grateful for that.  No one can say the Lord doesn't see our needs and make sure they are taken care of.  I did not ask for the meals and yet, there they were!

Today a sweet woman in our ward, Deena, came over with a big sheet of black paper. She also brought chalk and she told me to make a miracle wall for the kids.  I was very touched by this, as it gave me a great chance to talk to the children about how hard this trial is for us, but how there are so many blessings too.

Our miracle wall is a place where we can record the love we feel from our Heavenly Father.  Blessings and miracles that are happening every single day.  I especially love this because it helps the kids remember that we are loved.  It also opened a door to a conversation I really wanted to have with my children that has been really hard for them. They each took to this immediately, helped me put it up and then spent quite a while drawing and writing things on.  I told them they could add to it anytime day or night.  I think every home should have a miracle wall!

Awww, so sweet!
Tuesday morning we woke to a door covered with conversation hearts!  Each heart has a message like, Strong, Kind, Compassionate, etc. A sweet anonymous family wanted us to know we are loved.  And we do know it.

2 comments:

Heninger family said...

I LOVE that miracle wall! I believe in miracles, too, the big and the small. We love you and your family, and are praying for miracles for you, heart ache-ing (what's the proper spelling of that, anyway?!). HUGS!

lindaharper said...

What wonderful ideas and angels in your midst! If you could only see and hear all of the prayers being said for your family.