Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Difficult Day

I learned today that Richard's employer, who has been extremely fair and patient, needs to terminate his employment.  I understand this. He left them in a tough position and with no contact from him, what else can they do?  It is however, really hard for me to think about.  This job he has had for our entire marriage is over and it breaks my heart.  It makes him being away seem so final.

So many things he has just walked away from.  A job that allowed him to move his family in order to get an education.  A wife who adores him.  Four children who love him so much. The list is much longer than that, but mentioning things like a nice home to live in just seems weak when compared to the family he has walked away from.

It was a dark and gloomy day for me emotionally. I was feeling hopeless for the first time in a while when I realized I forgot to pray this morning. I was so tired from a long sleepless night that I did not kneel to pray when I got up.  The power of prayer is very real to me, I know that the Lord hears me. I immediately knelt to pray and felt a calm come over me.  I still feel sad, but the hopelessness has faded and I feel hope once again.  

This coming Sunday is Fast Sunday. Many of my family members across the country will be joining me to fast once again.  This time I will fast that Richard will be able to feel our love and the Lord's love and that whatever is keeping him away will fade in comparison to the importance of him coming home.  I invite all friends and family who wish to join with us to fast and/or pray for my family and specifically for Richard.  

No comments: