Monday, July 28, 2008

Paradise found!

OK, I have to admit, I was a little worried about this vacation. It is hot here where we are and everywhere else we are going and we are Oregonians, used to the rain and clouds and greenness! But the heat really has been bearable. Since arriving Saturday we have had highs in the 102-107 range. But when I am floating in the pool watching the beautiful blue sky and the palm trees all around I cannot help but feel I am in paradise. Our room is always cool and there is water galore here at the resort. Richard and I got up early and did some exploring, we got to see the 4BR penthouse units, wow talk about luxury!! Then we got the little kids and headed to the pools. We floated the lazy river and swam in the big pool a while until Adrienne called to tell us Grandma and Grandpa Loomis had arrived for a visit. They did not want to sit in the heat to watch us playing so Richard headed up to the room while I got the kids dried off. Well, in the second phase of the resort is another pool and we happened to see that the HUGE water feature was turned on! Yippee! I couldn't resist, so we headed over there for a while. This thing is probably 20 feet or taller and Joseph, who is usually my fearful one was all over it having a great time! The water in the pools are semi cool in the mornings, but during the day they get quite warm. In the evenings its kind of like taking a bath. Well the fountain water was COLD, and I went in for a bit to cool off, it felt great! After that we had a nice afternoon of visiting with the Grandparents and they took us to In-N-Out for dinner. Yummy!

After dinner we headed back to the pools. We had some noodles and the kids enjoyed floating the river on them. The older kids joined us too so we had a nice family evening. Now I am hoping the little ones will get to sleep soon!

Sunday we got up early and had a yummy breakfast with the extended Loomis bunch. Lesa fixed her delicious eggs and fruit and lots of other fun things. The kids got to play with the cousins Daydin and Ella. Then we headed off to church. We found a ward meeting at 11 and Lesa was kind enough to spend that time with us and came along. It is so nice to know that no matter where you are, church is such a familiar thing. We did not see the sign on the church, and the style was much different than we are use to in Hillsboro, but we recognized it anyway. We were greeted by many people and really enjoyed the sweet spirit of the Parkview Ward.

Tomorrow is Jacob's birthday! He will be 14 so we are going to spend the day at Knott's Soak City water park. More fun in the sun!! I will be posting more tales of our travels soon as well as more photos. I love to blog, but after a long day like today, I am really tired by the time the little ones are in bed!


3 comments:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

I see Annalina floating there and all I could think is: I hope she is suncreened up! And I know she is- you are a good Mom. Keep me posted-- I live to check your blog!

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

Oh, by the way, I sent you an e-mail are you checking your aol account?

Richard said...

Hi Megan! Thank you so much for posting on my blogs! It is so fun to read your comments and to know someone is actually reading them! At the resort we only swam in the morning before 11am and after the sun was behind the mountains at about 7:30PM, but we still used sunscreen in the morning! During peak hours it was just too hot and bright to go out at all! Annalina did get a lot of sun at the water park, but she did not burn like Adrienne and I did!! I am checking AOL, I replied and will be checking every day or two! I miss you!!