Friday, August 1, 2008

Ouch

We are now in Oro Valley, Arizona. It is beautiful here in a very different way! Big cactus are everywhere and it is quite green due to the rains they have been getting. It has been very hot here as well. Again, the resort is lovely and we have a nice spacious place to stay. Its good, since some of the kids are losing patience with each other.

The night we got here I had a light pain in my ear. I was sure I had water in there from Soak City. I took Advil yesterday but by evening I was having severe pain. It never really went away and then I could not open my mouth to eat and I had swollen glands. So this morning my sweet husband found me an urgent care and took me in. We got in quick and I was told I have swimmers ear which has caused inflammation of my ear canal. Very very painful. I was given drops and have taken more Advil and am feeling much better this afternoon. Its been nice to have a quiet day at the resort!

So Jacob's birthday was Tuesday and we went to Knot's Soak City in Palm Springs. It was hot and very sunny. We applied sunscreen every couple of hours, but Richard, Adrienne and I still ended up with pretty bad sunburns on our shoulders and backs. Aunt Lesa and Cousin Daydin came along and it was a very fun day. We got a Cabana that had misters, and it was nice to get a break out of the sun. Annalina braved some very big slides and Joseph had fun on the water playground that is several stories high. I enjoyed the wave pool the most. Check out the photos below!

I know there is much more to say, but its about naptime for me. I will write more later! We are having a great time and the time is flying! We have enjoyed a lot of time with extended family and feel very blessed to be able to take this trip together!!
Joseph and Cousin Daydin in the Cabana!
Aunt Lesa, Adrienne and Jake
Jake in the wave pool

Adrienne, Jake and Lesa on the Pacific Spin. I knew it was them from the screaming as they came down the chute. Gave me time to click this fun shot! What a ride!

No comments: