Monday, July 7, 2008

All on my own...

Well Richard and Jake left for scout camp at 3:30 this morning. I meant to get up and see them off, but the only thing I remember is Richard kissing me goodbye and now I am on my own! Tonight I truly am since even my Adrienne is gone spending the night at her dad's house. I must say they picked quite a week to go camping, it must be one of my busiest of the summer. The kids have swimming lesson every evening this week and Annalina has soccer camp each day from 11-12, and Joseph has his soccer camp on Tuesday and Thursday afternoon and playgroup Wednesday morning. Why do I do these things to myself? I figure its just one week out of the year, and I can handle that. I love to be able to keep the kids active!

Annalina's soccer camp started today. There are a bunch of kids and four instructors and they do warm ups, drills, they play games and then they divide up into four teams and play some actual soccer games. It is fun to watch and there are a lot of younger kids there for Joseph to play with. This will help Annalina get ready for soccer in the fall. We use to play with Hillsboro Soccer Club, but it has gotten so expensive and many Saturdays we had to journey quite a way to play and that really eats up the weekend! A family at church organized soccer at the big field behind the church. We played last year and there were over 200 kids involved. They are divided by age and parents volunteer to coach and all games and practices are all one evening during the week, so its very easy to keep track of. And its FREE!! If Annalina chooses to keep playing when she gets older, we might look into the competitive teams, but for now this is a fun way to keep her active. Joseph is looking forward to playing next year!

Annalina is sleeping in my bed with me tonight. She enjoyed a long session of playing on pbskids.org and is now falling asleep to Castle In the Sky, one of our favorite movies. I don't know if she will be in here with me every night this week. She has a tendency to sleep at a 90 degree angle to me and I always end up on the edge of the bed. So we shall see how tonight goes!

1 comment:

Beth said...

"Hip, hip, hooray!!! I found your blog today!" WAHAHAHA!!! Thanks for leaving me a comment on my little blog today.... now I can hunt ya down online anytime I like! Hee hee hee... Ok... I am a bit surprised to hear about the whole soccer thing starting already??? EEEK! We did it last year too.... and I guess we missed the annoucement on the start day this year eh? Oops! I quickly skimmed down through your pics.... SO CUTE!!!! Maybe I can convert you into a digi-scrapper someday? Hee hee hee... Hey, you already have a blog... you're halfway there! Sending ya BIG {{{HUGS}}}!!! P.S. I'm going to go back down now and really read your post on potty training Joseph. That's MY fun project this month with Ryan. Ugh. Can I pay YOU to do it???? Pretty please???? LOL!