Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Halfway there!

It is day three, and the men will be back in three days, so we are halfway there! There were a lot of projects I wanted to get done this week, but it has been so hot and I guess that is the opposite of inspiration for me. And yes, we do have AC, but you know how it is when you get to working and then you get all sweaty and hot! Yuck, thinking of it makes me want a cool shower. Maybe tomorrow I should crank up the AC and freeze the house so I have to get moving to stay warm(or will I just want to stay in bed where its warm)! OK, so my list is

#1 Clean my room It has stayed pretty nice since we moved in, but lately I have been a bit too comfortable and I have craft stuff and laundry all over the place. Once I get it organized and vacuumed it will look great. That means a lot of folding laundry....hate that!

#2 Clean my bathroom Notice I said MY bathroom! Richard has a sink and I guess I really think of the shower as his, though I use it daily. But he doesn't spend quality time in the bath, so since I love it more, its MINE! hehe I love my bathroom, it is very spacious and I finally have my own tub! It was one of the reasons I really wanted this house! But it needs a good cleaning. The mirrors go all the way to the ceiling, so I am going to have to climb up on the counters to get them all the way clean. This is something I have done I think twice in the year and a half we have lived here.

#3 Organize the Laundry Room It is on the way out to the garage and at times it is just difficult to get through. Also, its more inspiring to actually do laundry when the room is cleaned up and nice looking. I read once that if you wallpaper or paint the laundry room you will want to spend more time there. I doubt I'd be there much more than I am now, but walking through to the garage could be a nice experience!! Who am I kidding?? I think I will focus on just getting it cleaned up and organized.

#4 Organize my pantry. I don't really think I will get around to that this week, but I'd like to have it done before we leave on vacation. It is just hard to find anything in there. And when I cannot find anything to fix for dinner our budget gets strained by a night of eating out. We are desperately saving for the trip, so I have to do my part! What am I talking about? I am the only one saving! It's tough to be the CFO of the family!

I guess the best way to get going on my list is to get off the computer and get started. Well swimming lessons start in an hour or so, maybe I will get going on my chores this evening!

No comments: