Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ahhh, summer!

Yesterday was a hot day! I took the little kids to the fountain downtown for some cool off time. We went a little before 11 and had the fountain to ourselves for a short while. Sometimes later in the day it gets incredibly full of children, and a few mom's. I had fun watching and taking pictures and getting the rest of my book read. I am so grateful for all the wonderful things there are to do here locally as well as all the exciting adventures we can have, all within an hour or so of here. We are very blessed to live in this area.

A special thanks to the City of Hillsboro for keeping our parks so nice and for constantly adding new ones and for offering great classes and programs for the kids! For hosting Saturday and Tuesday Markets and the air show and for building a beautiful new library for us to enjoy. And thank you Oregon, for your beautiful beaches, your gorgeous forests for us to explore and enjoy, for the lovely mountain views you offer, and for your lovely weather that keeps everything so green and pretty(except for our grass, but that is my fault not yours, heehee).

Later it was time for swimming lessons! Richard had a busy day at work still catching up on being gone for a week, so I didn't think he would make it. He has not yet had the chance to watch the kids in action, only short videos I have taken. I told Joseph that daddy might come to watch and every 5 seconds or so he would look over at me to see if he was here yet. Lucky for me Richard showed up! He was a few minutes late, but got too see most of the class. Joseph was practicing his back stroke with the teacher when he daddy arrived and he glanced over and saw us and said very excitedly to his teach, "That's my daddy". We are looking forward to our big vacation so we can work with both the kids on the things they are learning! Only 10 days to go!!



2 comments:

Eggeling Family Blog said...

So cute ! Makes me want to go dance in a fountain ! What an awesome way to cool off !

Beth said...

I love the new blog look Amy! Very cute family pic in your header. I find that I have EXTREMELY FEW full family pics!!!! I am almost ALWAYS the one taking the pictures.... so we never get all of us together! (It's kind of pathetic and sad really!!! Ha!) I like seeing all the pics in your post too. Really makes me feel like it's officially 'summer.' We've never used those fountains.... you're making me want to try them out now! Well.... have a fab time getting 'fried' as Matt put it earlier today.... let us know how things go. {{HUGS}} my friend!