Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Two Days without Daddy and counting...

I think the kids are missing daddy more than they can express verbally. Yesterday Joseph put on his shoes and declared he was walking back behind the house to Camp Ireland, which is a boy scout camp mostly used for the cub scouts. I asked him what he was doing and he said he was going to get daddy from Camp Ireland. I had to explain that daddy was far away in another boy scout camp. I am not sure that he understands that. Also, he had an accident before getting up this morning and another while trying to get dressed. He hasn't had any accidents in the last couple weeks, so I cannot really complain. I think deep down having daddy gone is affecting him a lot! Poor guy!

He did get to go to his first day of Soccer camp today though! First we went to Annalina's, then to his. Luckily his was indoors at the Tyson Rec Center, it was air conditioned! It was so fun to watch him try to pay attention and follow instructions. He learned how to walk in and out of the cones, then how to kick into the goal and finally how to do small dribble kicks. He was concentrating so hard! He is such a sweet boy, when someone else would take away his ball, he would just go and get another one to use. And when his teacher would hand him a new ball he would say Thank You! My kids are all such a great source of pride and joy for me. I really love being a Mom. I think they bring joy to others often as well. And I love that about them.

When Annalina was four, we were at the grocery store and a woman was pushing her older son in a stroller that was too small for him. He was probably 7 or 8 and he was disabled in some way and it was very sad to see. He was not very aware of what was going on around him. Annalina looked over and said, "Mom, that's my friend" and then she went over and said hi to him. The mother looked quite surprised by this, but then she smiled and teared up a bit. The boy most likely did not even hear her, but I could see that it deeply affected the mother.

Of course they both have their moments, but all in all, they are wonderful! And now I have it posted in my blog so when those difficult days come along, I can look back and remember that being a mom really is GREAT!

No comments: