Friday, June 27, 2008

They are both moving on....

Today was the final day of swimming lessons for this session. I have them signed up for the next class starting Monday evening, but never stopped to think they wouldn't be able to move up. Apparently there are some skills they must know and be comfortable with to go on to the next class and I was starting to worry for Joseph, since he was still a bit shy getting his head all wet. But the great news is they both mastered all the skills necessary and are moving on to the next class!

Since today was the last day it was play day! All the kids got to go down the big water slide, which had myself and some of the other mothers a bit nervous! Annalina went down first with her instructor and was smiling! Then she went down on her own and did just fine. Joseph went down with his instructor and I was shocked he actually did it! For one who was so scared to even touch the water that first day of lessons, he was so brave!! I was very proud! Annalina got to jump off the diving board a couple times. She has great arm movements and again, I was very proud! Its great to have kids. Just thinking of them can turn a bad day around!

All session I have sat with Carrie White since she has a daughter in Annalina's class and a son in Joseph's class. They were leaving on vacation this afternoon and she was a bit stressed with lots to do getting ready to go. So her kids came over around ten and played a couple of hours. Then I took them to swimming lessons so she could get stuff done without them. They get along really great with Annalina and Joseph, we will have to do this again! After lessons the kids got a coupon for a free slice of pizza and talked me into waiting in line to get it on the way out. The pizza place is actually in the lobby of the swimming center, but as you can imagine the line was quite long since EVERY child had gotten a coupon!

Joseph fell several times today. A small fall where he smacked his forehead pretty hard, a huge fall where his whole body seemed to give out from under him and he scraped himself along the sidewalk, and a couple others. Well, this is not unusual for him, however he was so tired today that he did not handle any of them well(who would, right?). This meant a lot of "snuggle" time calming him down and getting him happy again. With our busy schedule he has not taken a nap in weeks, however Richard and I have decided that he just has to take a couple naps a week. I am sure his exhaustion just builds all week long until he has trouble coping with anything. One time today he told me "I am so tired mommy". Hmm...I think he is trying to tell me something.....

Due to the low light and the distance I had to take the photos from, most of the swimming pictures did not turn out well. Below are a few that did as well as some movies of what swimming lessons are all about!





No comments: