Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A bunch of boys...

We were very blessed to move into a family oriented neighborhood. There are a lot of kids, including 6 or 7 little boys around Joseph's age. I was thinking out loud last summer and mentioned to my friend and neighbor Christy about how great it would be to swap kids on a weekly basis so we could each have some time off from the toddler experience and be able to get something done on our own! If I am the dreamer, then Christy is the doer! She talked to some other mom's and eventually we found two others willing to try out the play group thing. So we have four little boys who are around three and every Wednesday we take turns playing with them. Aside from Joseph we have Rolly Jaussi, who is just a few weeks older than Joseph. Christy's son Jake is 2 and a half and a couple of weeks younger than him is Abe Castillo. All the mom's are great and I have really enjoyed getting to know them and their cute boys. With four little boys it can get kinda wild, but for the most part they get along pretty well.

The popular toy at our house is the Geotrax train set that grows with each birthday and Christmas. I used to try to get them to do something else, but I suppose they are only here one day a month and if they want to play trains every time, then why not?! Right now the boys are at my house and I am sitting here listening to them play while I type this. (In order to protect the innocent, names have been changed...well, are not being used at all) Boy #1 is laughing at something Boy #2 did and boy #2 is insisting its not funny. Boy #3 who I am certain didn't even see what Boy #2 did is joining in the argument and is also insisting it is not funny! By now, I really don't think boy #1, #2, or #3 remembers what they are fighting about, but its amusing all the same! Boys are SO very different from girls!
Yes, the photo is right side up. The little monkeys were hanging off the end of the bed.



Its hard to get them all smiling and looking at me at the same time!

No comments: