Sunday, June 15, 2008

Graduation, Part 2, or 8th Grade Completion

Our next big event on Wednesday was Evergreen's 8th grade completion ceremony. Jake was very excited. I admit I moaned and groaned about it, though not to Jake. I just could not understand why they would make such a big deal out of getting through 2 years of Middle School. We went to Glencoe where the ceremony was held in the gym. So we climbed to the top of the bleachers since the gym was very packed when we arrived a half hour early. More time for me to whine to Richard, poor guy! But when they 8th graders filed in to their seats, it was all worth it. I could see Jake looking around trying to find us, so I waved as big as I could and he noticed us! He waved and then blew me a kiss. That made my day. It was actually a lot of fun to watch Jake walk up to get his certificate. He was so excited! Afterward we saw a friend of his, Alex Lyman, and took pictures. Then we walked home. It meant a lot to Jake, so I am glad we were able to be there with him. I am so proud of how hard he works on his school work and how he always finishes what he starts. Jake is such a great kid and I cannot beleive he is starting High School in the fall! I love him very much!

No comments: