Saturday, March 15, 2014

The Worth of Souls

The kids and I have received so much support over the past month or so.  I am extremely grateful for all those who love us and were ready and willing to express that to us when we needed it most.  Recently I received a very insightful and loving message from an old ward member in Oregon and I want to talk a little about what he had to say, as it touched me deeply.

He requested that I help Richard to feel not so alone and that I remind him of his goodness.  This makes me think of the scripture in DandC that says, "The worth of souls is great in the eyes of God".  That is something I think of each and every day. I try to help Richard see that as well.  The Lord loves him and will never give up on him.  I won't either.  This man also said if he was here, he would encircle Richard in his arms and asked if I would do so on his behalf when I was ready.  I love this so much.  Not just words, but actions to express such deep emotion and understanding!  I do hug my husband every day.  I am trying to help him see himself as the great man that he is.  In viewing him as the Lord sees him, it is easy to let go of negative emotions and feel a pure love for him.  I see my husband's infinite worth and I know that he is worth every bit of effort that will be required of us.

The response to our situation has been extremely positive here in Rexburg and from dear friends in Oregon and family across the country.  It is easy for me to see and feel the love everyone has for my husband, as well as our family as a whole.  I worried so much about our family being judged and even asked that people please not do so.  It seems that for the most part, that was never an issue.  People are kind and loving.  They see the goodness in my husband and they love him for that.  This has meant so much to me. And I hope as he comes to see this, it will mean a lot to him as well.

No comments: