Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Let's Celebrate Jacob

Amid the sorrow and trials there is so much joy to be found in this life.  Jacob is one of the most joyful joys of my life.  He is an amazing young man and this post is all about him!

I hope he won't mind that I am sharing this, but last week I got to take him and a lovely young lady to the bowling alley!  Yes, my son went on a date!! As I was pulling out I noticed him opening the door for her. So sweet!   Earlier that evening as I gave him a little advice, he was receptive and seemed happy to listen to me.  Score one for Mom!  When I picked them up, they were laughing and having fun together.

Jacob leaves in less than 5 weeks for his two year mission in Charlotte, North Carolina.  I am so excited for him. I know this will be a grand adventure and although he will work hard, he will learn and grow a lot. I cannot wait to meet the Jacob who returns two years from now! I know with all my heart that Jacob needs to serve this mission.  I fully support him and know he will bless the lives of many.

Jacob has been amazing this past month(well he has always been amazing to me, but this month he really stepped up). He is so sweet, he has hugged me when I cried, he has put his arm around me when we have to go out places. He is always so helpful around the house.  I love him so much and I appreciate him and I have to admit he has become a great sense of security for me. Thinking of him being gone for two years tugs at my heart, but I know we will be blessed while he is away. And I know he will be in good hands, the hands of the Lord.

I have a great video of Jacob opening his call, but it won't load right now.  Maybe I can get it to work later!  Here are a couple of fun photos of that graet day!


My biggest fear about Jacob's mission call is that it would come while I was at school and I wouldn't be there when he opened it(he REALLY did not feel the need to wait for us all). As it turned out, it came on a day that he slept late after working a graveyard shift.  It came right before I left for school and I ran into the house and had Richard hide it away in case Jacob woke up early.  That was the longest two hours of school for me, wondering where my son would be spending his next two years!!  We knew Annalina would be home at 4pm, so we invited Adrienne and Jon over and skyped with Mom, Megan, Beth and kids.  It was so fun and everyone was so excited for our Jacob!

No comments: