Friday, August 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Jacob!

We were so happy to have Jacob here in Idaho with us for his Birthday!  An interesting thing happened that I thought I would share.  Jacob woke up the day before his birthday all stuffed up and feeling bad.  I thought it could be a cold or it could be allergies.  He slept most of the day and the littles were VERY concerned that Jacob would be sick on his birthday.  They both prayed multiple times that Jacob would not be sick on his special day.  Sunday Jacob woke up feeling great.  We went to church, his first time in our new ward.  As we sat down, he went up to ask the Bishop if they needed help with the sacrament.  They were short a priest, so Jacob got to help out.  He went to his classes, met with the Bishop after church and then we went up to the temple and took some photos.  It was a bright and hot day with a high of 95, but there was a breeze that made it feel pretty nice.  We got home, celebrated with gifts and cake and then watched The Three Stooges, one of Jacob's gifts.  He also got a senior year photo book that I put together for him, a french hymn book, and a cool MP3 player that is all built into headphones, great for running.  It was a great day and we were all so happy he was feeling good.  Monday morning came along and he was back to feeling miserable!  Poor guy! He has since recovered, but I am certain it was the prayers that helped him feel good for his Birthday. My little people have a lot of faith and they certainly are not afraid to use it!

Anyway, my oldest son is now 18 years old!  Sometimes I wonder how that happened.  He is an amazing young man.  He applied for a potato field job, but it is too close to the end of the season so they weren't hiring. He is applying everywhere now and is excited to start earning for his mission.  I still have several blog posts to write about Jacob. He had an amazing end to his Senior year of high school and I need to document it all properly.  Why am I putting this off??  Well there is a lot of emotion tied to these experiences with Jacob.  I am so proud of him. I want my story telling of his amazing achievements to live up to what he has accomplished.  Watch for them soon!!

You may notice there are a lot of pics without Jacob in them. It was really bright and his eyes were hurting and since it was his birthday, I gave him a break and didn't make him pose with his eyes open!
gift wrap by a & j



 







No comments: