Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tuesday Without The Men

We went to the park this morning for a while. The kids played while I went through one of my new library cookbooks, (Don't Panic-More Dinner's in the Freezer). Definitely one I will have to buy eventually. I put sticky notes on the recipes I want to try and write what ingredients I'd have to buy if I was going to make that particular recipe. Eventually I will compile my favorites into a shopping list and have a big cooking day. But no time soon due to budgetary reasons. Its still fun to plan for.

So the kids played and after a while I got up and played frisbee with them. We got in a triangle pattern and took turns throwing it to each other. The kids were surprisingly good at it and there was much giggleing going on. When Joseph threw, he'd wind up and end up throwing himself onto the grass from the exertion. It was a good work out for us all!

Then we drove over to the Robert's house and watered their beautiful garden. Since our last paycheck was so tiny we have struggled with cash flow this month and it is something that is always in my prayers. I have wanted a garden in our back yard for a while now. But for some reason too complicated to try to explain, that has not happened yet. A few weeks ago Lori MacGregor gave us a dresser they were not using anymore and on her porch were a half dozen large tomato plants. I asked where she got them since I would have to get some so big to have any hope of a crop this year. She said someone gave them to her and she did not need them all! She let me take a couple home which I have planted and are sitting on our front porch so we remember to water them! Yay, can't wait for tomatos! Then my visiting teacher Jennifer Roberts was going out of town and asked if I could water her garden while they are gone. She said to pick anything ripe during that time, so we have enjoyed lettuce, radishes, lots of peas and blueberries. We got to see how they set up their garden and will hopefully be able to make ours similar when the time comes. Then yesterday Beth Stimpson dropped off a HUGE bag full of peas, my favorite garden item to munch on!! It has been so fun to have some fresh produce to enjoy and I feel that all these things have been blessings. The Lord is mindful of our situation and even if others are not, I am grateful to those who have listened to those promptings to offer help or to share. I am sure they do not even know they are being an answer to my prayers!

So I just finished cleaning up the upstairs hallway. No more toys or laundry strewn about and I even cleaned off the walls, it is amazing just how much dirt Joseph has smeared on the walls of our home!! It is freshly vaccuumed and looked so great I decided to organize the closet in that hallway. I can now actually walk into the walk-in linen closet! It is inspiring to have a small part of the house perfectly clean. There is hope for me yet....

2 comments:

Jacki said...

I wish I had a garden so I could share! We haven't figured out how in our new house full of shade yet.

Amy said...

You are so sweet! We've got LOTS of sun, but two dogs who will dig up everything, so we have to build planter boxes....someday!! When I finally get my garden going, I will bring some veggies to you Jacki!