Thursday, July 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Jake!

Yesterday my oldest son turned 15! Wow, halfway to 30! Tonite is his party and Jeremy kindly let us borrow his XBox and Rock Band for the boys to play(thank you thank you thank you Jeremy). 5 out of the 6 kids that Jake invited were able to come. We BBQ'd burgers and hot dogs and wow, I thought ONE teenage boy could eat a lot...21 hamburgers were eaten and 12 hot dogs!

Yesterday we made breakfast in bed for him, kinda seemed to annoy him. In the afternoon I took him to open swim with a friend. But he seemed to be having a rough time enjoying his special day. I must take a moment here to thank family far and wide for the gifts and cards you sent him. I know it meant a lot to him to know you were all thinking of him(and I am sure thank yous will be in the mail shortly)! He use to get tons of phone calls on his birthday and did not get a single one this year, so perhaps those meant more to him than it seemed! A teenage boy is a complex organism! But even as I write this, he is having a fabulous time with his friends(and I am hiding out in my room enjoying the sound of testosterone and video gaming)!
In case there was any doubt, yes he did get them all blown out with the first try!!
Taking a break from the game for a photo, thanks guys!Apparently 15 is not too old for a group hug, or a group choke hold as one boy called it...

1 comment:

TwoHeartsTogether said...

Hello fellow Oregonian! I like your blog, looks like you have one bunch of a family :)

I see you are a fan of the Krazy Coupon Lady!? ME TOO!!

Samantha TwoHeartsTogether
www.twoheartstogether.com