Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I'm Lonely....But I WILL Survive!

If it isn't enough that my husband and oldest are away, my sister left with her family yesterday and I will not be able to talk to her until Friday night! Yikes! What is a sister to do! I had a moment of panic Monday when I called her and it went to voice mail! I was worried they had already left! But she called and I think I got my fix for the week, although it is Wednesday and I am wishing I could pick up the phone and call her! Megan, if you check your blogs while you are away, just know that I MISS YOU and I love you too! I hope you are having a fabulous relaxing time with your family!

My husband is so sweet. Last year after they returned from camp I admitted to him that I often called his work number and his cell phone just to hear his voice on the answering service while he is away. So it may seem a bit weird, but it is comforting to hear his voice when I am missing him. So yesterday he called and left us a message,we were actually home and my heart broke when I heard his message, we were cleaning up the downstairs and had the music up too loud and we missed him(but the kitchen sure looks nice) :-( ! He had climbed to the highest bluff at camp and said if he stood in just the right spot facing the right direction he could get a bar or two. He talked for a while and had things to say to the children, it was very sweet. Of course, I have saved the message and have already listened to it a few times. The kids were excited to hear his voice as well. He said they are doing well so far. This year they are at Camp Meriweather, over on the Oregon coast, so they are closer than they have ever been before. They have a ton of boys and only two leaders, so I am sure he is working hard this year trying to keep track of everyone and keep everyone on track. I am proud of his dedication. When they released him from the Scouting program, I thought he might pass on a full week of scout camp, but he is there and I know Jake appreciates it. This year Jake is the Senior Patrol Leader, with three boys serving under him. He is about to advance in rank again and should be working on his Eagle project before long! Go Jacob!!!

So you may think that scouting is taking over our lives, and you might be right! Today I spent the day just beyond my backyard at Camp Ireland with our cub scouts who are going to day camp there this year. It is my first year going without a son in the program. It was fun, but I am glad I only needed to go one day. It was a full day of activities and trying to keep seven boys together, some of whom have 10 year old attitudes, was not always easy. But I was glad to help out. And it was fun to get to know some of the boys I have not had a chance to work with!

Adrienne was kind enough to babysit the kids for me today and Joseph went with Christy Smith and her kids to a library activity this morning. Adrienne took Annalina out for Sushi! Lucky girls!! Now Adrienne is at a swimming party with the Laurels and her friend Cynthia. It was a cool day, so I hope the pool is heated!

1 comment:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

I didn't check my blogs-- went thru quite a withdrawel. Sounds like you had a blast! I will call you and find a day to come over next week to pick berries. :o)