Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Partying With a 7 & 4 Year Old

Richard and Jake left for boy scout camp EARLY Monday morning. Adrienne is on a camping trip with her dad. That leaves Joseph, Annalina and I. All on our own! So what did we decide to do? Have a PARTY!! We popped popcorn, bought peaches(hey, it's what they wanted) and ate a TON of fresh peas from Beth Stimpson's yard. (Thanks Beth!) We had waffles and eggs for dinner and watched some movies, played some games, told some stories and THEN....we all slept in my room! Annalina has actually learned to sleep on her side of the bed instead of invading mine all night long and for Joseph we brought in the little futon matress from the chair in their room. It is only about 4 feet long, but it was perfect for him. He was giggling for a while and Annalina was complaining that he kept waking her up(this after 2 minutes of actually being in bed). I gave him a warning that he would have to go back to his own bed if he could not be quiet and about 30 seconds later I heard the tell tell sign of sleep...that smacking sound he makes as he sucks on his bottom lip, which can get surprisingly loud! Too cute! So he was curled up under his blankey, which is not long enough to cover his whole body stretched out and everything but his head was completely covered. I don't know how he does it, he sleeps in a little ball! In the morning I looked down at him and it appeared he had not moved the entire night! He slept until 8, Annalina was up around 9:30. For them, that is sleeping in! What time was I up?? 7:30...bummer!

My list of things to get done while the guys are gone is very similar to last years list. Clean my bathroom, organize my closet and get our room cleaned up once again! Maybe I will get a chance to work on the laundry room and I would love to get the main pantry organized, oh and I'd love to get some weeds out of the backyard, but I don't want to expect TOO much from myself, otherwise the pain of failure will be deep! Aside from getting a few things done around here, I really want to just have some fun with the kids! Its cool this week, we have had the windows all open and I am loving it, though the kids get cold easily. I think some trips to the park are in order! I'll post more later about the end of swimming lessons and our glorious 4th of July fun this past weekend!

No comments: