Sunday, October 5, 2008

Pajama Day

Today was officially declared Pajama Day by Richard! Twice a year on Sunday we have General Conference where we get to watch our Prophet, President Monson and the other leaders of our church on television from the warmth and comfort of our own home. The kids have been talking about Conference for a couple weeks now, looking forward to it. We ate breakfast of sticky buns while watching the first session and in a little bit another session will begin. I love the messages we have heard so far, they are truly inspired for our lives on this earth in this time. And they bring such comfort and hope in these difficult days.

President Monson closed the first session with a wonderful message about enjoying our lives in the present, not just looking to the future. I find myself often thinking of the future and how much easier life will be when...all the kids are in school or when I am done with school or when we are retired, the list goes on and on. He suggested we enjoy and do our best in the here and now because as we enter new stages in life we are met with new challenges and life will never be the peaceful bliss we look forward to. But it is through life's challenges that we are refined and that is how we can become more Christ-like, by meeting those challenges with a positive attitude, by learning to thrive on adversity.

I love General Conference because I alway take away much to ponder. I am able to make changes in my own life so that I can live more in accordance with the gospel. Often times they are just baby steps, but I know every step takes me closer to where I need to be. I love the Gospel and am so grateful to have the knowledge I do.

No comments: