Sunday, October 12, 2008

My brilliant husband!

Its good to have a husband who knows how to do most anything, or can look it up if he doesn't. I got this nifty laptop last May, mostly for work, however I adore it and do most of my blogging on it. With work demanding more and more of my time I felt like I was always in my office and the kids noticed. Now I can blog from bed, or hang out in the kids room while they play and study. It keeps me out of my office more and more and I love it!

Earlier this week I started up my laptop only to find messages that made no sense to me. Richard knew what was up and immediately contacted Dell tech support to get it taken care of. My hard drive sadly passed away. This is not good, not good at all. Since it was such a new computer, I had not ever backed up anything. Sadly ALL my photos from the last five months as well as our vacation photos, of which I had printed very few, and all my new scrapbook layouts from July till now are gone! Luckily I posted some of my favorites on this blog! But I had over a thousand photos on the laptop! Richard is going to try to rescue them off the dead drive, so we will see what happens! I am just grateful to have my laptop back and will hope for the best! I am grateful to have a husband who is so knowledgeable and willing to help.

Since I started school in the afternoons, Richard has taken to the EARLY shift at work. He goes in around 6am and works until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. This is in the effort to keep his schedule simple for others at Tek who need to know when to find him. It is not easy for him to get up that early, he is quite the nightowl, and I really appreciate the sacrifice he is making on my behalf so I can go to school. It is so nice to know he is home with the kids when I cannot be. He is considering taking a second job in the evenings and on Saturdays through the holidays. My income has dropped considerably and its hard making ends meet right now. Richard's Land Rover is not working at the moment and its getting colder and colder in the mornings, not to mention the rain which makes riding a motorcycle to work uncomfortable and dangerous! I hate the idea of him being gone all day and again in the evenings, but hopefully it would only be temporary. Again, I am grateful for a husband who is willing to consider such an exhausting schedule!

No comments: