Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Go Jake, go!!!

Today Jake had a cross country meet, and yes, you guessed it. He beat his personal record once again, this time finishing the race in 19 minutes even. One day he will just be a blur as he passes the finish line! He finished fourth for Glencoe and would have made third except he took a wrong turn and had to backtrack a bit. All I can say is WOW! I cannot even imagine what kind of times he will be making when he is a Jr or a Sr. Go Jake!! I think he only has one more XC meet to go to this year. He is already lamenting about missing the team and practice. There are some great kids on his team and his coach is really neat. But Basketball season is getting closer! And then we have track to look forward to...

We have had quite the week! Lots going on, and then Tuesday afternoon the van would not start and it seemed to be a starter issue. I had a lab exam to study for and go to, then my dad called with emergency work he needed me to get done, what with the final tax deadline on the 15th. So the studying went to the back burner and I headed over to work. My mom was kind enough to lend me her car so I could get to my class and I really appreciated that. I was late and was stressing out a lot! The lab exam was very hard, but I did not do as poorly as I thought I was going to. I don't know my score yet, but hopefully it will be ok! I did study an awful lot for it. There are so many great websites dedicated to teaching and quizzing on A&P subjects. It is a whole new world of learning than it was last time I attended college! While I was gone, Richard took apart the van(well, not completely) and we had the starter tested, it was fine. The battery however was not. So it ended up being a cheaper fix than I had feared. After a day of panicking because of our tight finances it was such a blessing not to have to pay a huge mechanic bill. I had to go back over to work and did not get home until 10:30 or so. Richard got the van put back together tonight, but I did not have a vehicle during the day today. I had to pick up the boys from preschool(I am part of a carpool). Christy Childs came to pick up Joseph and offered to bring them all home, which eased my mind as I was trying to decide if I could walk over to get them all or would that be too far for three little three year olds to walk. It always amazes me how the Lord truly knows me and my needs, even when I do not verbally state those needs. When Christy offered to pick up the kids, out of the blue, it was an answer to an unstated prayer. She may never know the relief I felt when she made that simple offer! It has not been an easy week, but sometimes I think we need to struggle to truly appreciate the blessings we are so freely given, and often overlook.

This evening we took Annalina to her Parent Teacher conferences at school. She is doing wonderfully. She placed high on her reading assessment and will be attending an extra reading group in the afternoon that will help her develope those skills. When she was tested in Math, she got all the first grade problems right, so the teacher tested her on 2nd grade skills. She got about half of those correct, so it appears she has a great aptitude for math! Just like her big sister! Her teacher told us she is a delight to have in class. She gets to be star student next week and is very excited about that!

Well, I am off to study! We are starting in on the bones and there are a LOT of them to learn, not to mention all their parts and markings. Sheesh!

1 comment:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

So glad you have such a un-eventful, stress-free life...