Monday, September 22, 2008

My dear sister

My sister Megan is having a baby!!! She has two adorable kids now, Leila who is 5, and Nathan who will be 4 in December. Joseph and Nate are good friends and Leila and Annalina are as well, even though they are about a year and a half apart. Anyway, Megan has wanted this baby for a long time and I am so happy for her!

Well last week I got a call that Megan was in the ER! I had no way to reach her and was worried about her all evening. We had gone and worked out together in the morning and I was feeling very guilty for dragging her along! She called when she got home from the hospital and let me know the baby was ok, but she will be on bedrest for a while. We got to have both kids over on Wednesday and Nathan spent the day with us Thursday. I haven't been much help since, but Megan has a lot of friends and support and I am grateful for that.

Megan has ALWAYS amazed me. She worked and went to school while pregnant with Leila, and she worked when she was pregnant with Nathan and with a little tiny Leila to take care of. She was so excited to be able to leave work to stay home with her sweet children. I am happy she gets to be home with the kids during this pregnancy, although perhaps this was not what she had in mind.

Megan is doing well right now, taking it easy, though probably not as much as she should if I know my sister. And hey, I did it for 20 weeks and know how hard it is not to cheat!! But she is taking care of herself and that little baby and I am so proud of her! We are all looking forward to the arrival of the newest Conser kid.

1 comment:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

Awww.. I didn't see this post! Duh! Thanks for your kind words. And thank you for helping me as much as you have- it helps to have a listening ear. Your support means more than I could ever tell you.