Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Another week of firsts

Yesterday was my big day! After weeks of enjoying the kids being off at school, I too am joining them! I took my first class in Anatomy and Physiology I yesterday. It was a good thing, but I must admit I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. I haven't gone to school in 8 years and I am not as young as I once was. Also, because I had taken this class once before my counselor waived the prerequisite BIO class and told me to go directly into A&P. Well, I have forgotten most of the Chemistry and Basic Cell stuff that is taught in that class. My teacher recommended I try to reveiw it all as soon as possible, which means lots of extra studying this week and next!

Luckily going to school the last time has put me in a good position to finish up my prenursing courses and enter the RN program. I am doing this very slowly to start with. If I can handle this term I may just add a class or two next term. With any luck I will be a nurse in four years! I know, that seems like forever away! But you have to start somewhere!!

I am going to classes twice a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3-5:50. My lab ended just before 6pm, so I rushed to Annalina's soccer game, watched the last half, then we headed home where I swapped her for Richard and off we went to Annalina's back to school night. Finally I was home for good around 8pm. A long and busy day. Richard will be going in from 6am-2pm so he can be home with the kids in the afternoon. He fell asleep early with me studying body regions late into the night. I woke up trying to remember the term for the back of the knee. Its popliteal if you were wondering!

Today Joseph went to his first day of preschool on his own! Yippee! He is so excited to be a big kid and is very ready for the social and learning aspects of preschool. He attends the Tidy Tots Glencoe High School student run preschool. There is a 1-1 teacher-student ratio. The high school students get credit at the community college towards early childhood education. Its a neat program and Joseph just LOVED his first day. He took his stuffed monkey Joey today since it was stuffed animal day. He strung beads on a necklace and painted and had crackers as his snack. It was a great day! He came home very happy!

I guess if my kids can suffer through first day photos, I can too!

1 comment:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

Love the photo of you! Now just because you are going to school and all of that jazz doens't mean you can slack off on your blogging...