Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A good day

Yesterday was a beautiful day, it started out cool in the morning so shortly after getting all the kids out the door to school, Joseph and I went on a nice hour long walk. It was very sunny, so Joseph spent half of the walk under his "blanket tent" in the stroller. I think its very nice of him to let me push him in a stroller even though he is such a big boy now. We have a great time talking and he loves to point out all the exciting things he sees, like school buses, boys on skateboards, tractors, dogs, airplanes (which he always calls angels now, every since seeing the Blue Angels flying around at the airshow this summer). I always enjoy this time with him and it gets us out in the fresh air. Well, I promised him that today we would go to the play place, which is the kids club at the gym. He loves to play while I go work out and I'll admit it is sometimes nice not have to keep up a toddler conversation while huffing and puffing. We left as soon as Annalina was gone and I got in a little over an hour, 45 minutes on the elliptical and about 20 minutes on the stationary bike. It felt good, at the time! I am a little sore now, but a good nights sleep should help. I've decided that along with the dramatic changes to come, I will start creating some small change of my own in myself. No more excuses. I am determined to get healthy! I will get in the exercise I need and set a good example for my kids. Except Jake, he sets a good example for me every day! Maybe someday I can run a marathon with him!!

This evening Joseph and I took Annalina to her soccer game. What fun it is to watch them play! And there are so many parents there I always have fun chatting with someone about something. Today Jennifer Roberts told me all about her trip to England this summer! And then we exchanged stories about our California/Utah/Idaho trips. Her husband was on sabbatical most of the summer, so they got to play a lot and ended up going on a vacation very similar to ours!

We got home and Richard had a bunch of holes dug in the front for us to plant bulbs in, crocuses and tulips. It will be very pretty in the Spring! Lots of neighbors were out and about so we had fun visiting and Joseph got to ride trikes with Jake for a while. It was a good day!

No comments: