Saturday, August 30, 2008

Summer's End

The kids go back to school next week. It was a full and busy summer, but I cannot help but wonder where it went! Jacob is having an end of summer party this evening at our house with a few friends. They watched a movie and are now playing video games. Adrienne is off at the mall with her friends doing some last minute hanging out! The little kids are in bed and I finally have a chance to update my blog a bit, something I have truly missed this past week or so!

I started our back to school shopping on Thursday-better late than never? I got what I could from Annalina's list, but found a lot of things were sold out, come on Target, how can you be out of glue sticks!! Richard and I found the extra things at Albertson's today. Imagine that! I suppose most people don't think to look for school supplies at the grocery store. Adrienne and Jake will not have complete lists until classes start, but I did get them paper, pens, pencils etc, so we are off to a good start there. We also took the kids to Kohl's today for Jeans and yesterday Tektronix was invited to the Nike employee store, so we got shoes for the older kids and Richard. Afterwards we did the grocery shopping and that was it for the budget! Anyone else feeling the pinch of higher prices these days?

We got a call earlier in the week from California. Richard's mother is in the hospital and had to have emergency surgery! In the process she was taken off some meds she really needed to stay on and has had a difficult recovery. We are keeping her in our thoughts and prayers. We all LOVE YOU Grandma! Get well soon!

My business is not doing well at all. I think the economy is to blame. I know personally its hard to think about buying clothes for myself when my kids need so many things for school. I imagine many of my customers are feeling the same these days. Big change is coming my way and I admit I am feeling a bit nervous. Stability is something I embrace, but with change comes growth and I trust that whatever path I take, I will be strengthened and guided to where I am supposed to be.

My favorite hymn right now is "Be Still My Soul". I am trying to memorize the words so I can sing it to myself when I have trouble dealing with life. What a beautiful sentiment in the first verse. We are all faced with challenges, but if we persevere, the Lord will create order and provide for us. I truly believe this and have seen it in my own life so many times.

1. Be still, my soul:
the Lord is on thy side.
Bear patiently
the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God
to order and provide;
In every change,
He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul:
thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Through thorny ways
leads to a joyful end.

2. Be still, my soul:
thy God doth undertake
To guide the future,
as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence
let nothing shake;
All now mysterious
shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul:
the waves and winds
still know His voice
Who ruled them
while He dwelt below.

This song is on my "Eclipse" CD, done absolutely beautifully! http://www.eclipsesingers.com/gratefulpraise.html

1 comment:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

I want to memorize that one too- thanks for giving me a minute to think about it.

Target sucks- office depot is the way to go for school supplies. We will remember Richards Mom in our prayers.

Love ya,
Megan