Tuesday, August 12, 2008

In The Meantime

While on vacation we stopped at a Deseret Book Store outside of Salt Lake. We got Lagoon discount coupons for making a purchase, so we picked up a couple of new CD's. The first is by Eclipse, an incredible group of young men singing hymns acappella. We heard the CD playing in the store and inquired about it, and yes, ended up buying it. The clerk told us it was fabulous and also recommended another CD by Jenny Jordan Frogley and since we knew she had great taste, we got it as well. I am so glad we did! One of my favorite songs on the CD is called In The Meantime. I was driving back from the office store when I first heard it and I admit, my eyes teared up. I love music that helps me see life from new perspectives and helps remind me of who I am and who I want to be. Perhaps I can figure out a way to add the actual song to my page, it is truly beautiful!


In her heart she holds the dreams,
That she's carried since the day she turned 13.
Of all that she would be when she was grown
Of all that she would do when she was finally on her own.
She dreamed, she'd fly and she's still waiting for the chance to try.
But in the meantime she's a mother and a daughter and a wife
Doing all she can to stay above the daily grind.
She wonders when when she'll ever have more meaning in her life.
She doesn't know she's being molded and refined...in the meantime.

Someday she'll go back to school,
When the carpools and the soccer games are through.

Cause deep inside she's still the girl,
Who's always felt the fight to make a difference in the world.
She dreams she'll soar when she finally has the time to do more.
But in the meantime she's a sister and a teacher and a friend.
Hours turn into days that turn to years that never end.
And she wonders when she'll ever really find herself again.
She's becoming a woman who God can depend...in the meantime.

Heaven feels the joy of every victory in her life
And heaven hears her heart before she cries.
Somewhere in the middle of the triumphs and the trials
She's becoming sanctified.

But in the meantime she's a mentor and a blessing and a gift
To every empty aching heart that only she can lift.
Still she wonders if she'll ever get to see where Heaven is
If she could only see her mansion waiting there.
If she could only feel how much her Father cares.
She would know she's being perfectly prepared.
In the meantime.

No comments: