Wednesday, August 20, 2008

August Ramblings...

Well, it was hot last week, very very hot for Portland's normal highs. I think it was 104 on Saturday. It is cool, cloudy and rainy now! I suppose that is why I love Oregon, it does not feel the need to conform to anyone's expectations! The cooler weather has been a nice break from the heat and reminds me that Autumn is on its way. My favorite time of year!! I'm feeling the urge to make a crock pot stew that everyone loves! It is hard to believe that the kids will be back in school in just a couple short weeks. Where has the summer gone??

Both of the older kids have their High School class schedules and seem to be very happy with them. Jake started cross country practice on Monday and is really enjoying it. He is a great long distance runner and has lots of stamina, I think he will do very well. Adrienne and some friends put in a day at the library today getting summer homework finished for an AP English class they are taking together. Annalina is a bit nervous about going full time this year. She only went 2 or 3 days a week last year and is feeling a bit overwhelmed by having to go everyday! I know she will do just fine though. Earlier bedtimes will be a must for her though, she needs her sleep! Joseph will be starting preschool at the end of September and then I can say that ALL my kids are in school!! Wow, I am feeling every grey hair today! I don't know if its the weather, or if I really am just getting old but I am having trouble getting inspired to do much of anything. Good thing I finished up the laundry yesterday!! Perhaps I will just take it easy and get ready for a day of accomplishments tomorrow!

No comments: