Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Thinking of Dad

Today we drove to Park City. On the way we got Slurpees only because there are NO 7-11's in the city of Rexburg!  We drove around Park City and I have to admit, it did not look at all familiar.  When I was a child, we used to go and stay there often!  It has grown in the 30 years since then! 

We checked out the alpine slide and the new alpine coaster. We showed the kids and they decided they would like to try them, so we will head back over there tomorrow.  As we were leaving we came across an old cemetery.  It is now surrounded by condos, but seeing it brought back memories of trips to Park City with my family. Back then this cemetery was in the middle of nowhere, on a hillside, looking completely abandoned.  With Dad, we would wander through looking at headstones from the 1800's and would thrill when we found the really old ones. We were also extremely sobered by the abundance of graves that held such young children.  One family had three children who all died prior to their second birthday.  They have placed a fence around the entire cemetery and added benches inside. I wanted so much to call my Dad and tell him all about finding it!  I found myself missing him so much today.  I was grateful to have my husband and children with me so I could share this small part of my past with them.

 
 
 
 
 


No comments: