Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'm a good gril (not a typo)

My dear sister Megan was so kind as to take Joseph for me this morning while I went to school for three hours. My last minute scramble to get someone(I forgot all about it till yesterday) to take him was not successful and the last thing I wanted was for my super prego sister to have to listen to TWO screaming, running, sweet but LOUD boys for the morning, but she graciously offered and I love her for that! I picked Joseph up after class and on the way home I told him how much I love him and I told him he was such a good boy. He said, "Mom, you are a good gril, and I love you too". My heart melted! He has always said boys and grils. I don't know why he says it that way, but I have always thought it was cute and only tried to correct him a time or two(he ignored me). Perhaps its time I work with him on it. ::sigh:: It was a fun conversation!

I haven't blogged in a while. I have missed it, but its been a rough few weeks and I kinda thought "if I can't blog something nice, I shouldn't blog anything at all". My second Anatomy and Physiology class is not going as well as the first and my turbulent roller coaster of a personal life has not helped with the concentration and attention this class requires. My instructor last term was great, she actually cared that we learned and wanted us to succeed. I get the feeling this term the instructor secretly delights in the struggles his ambiguous questions cause! Perhaps its entertaining to watch us struggle so with things that are second nature to him. Or maybe I am just a perfectionist who does not like the fact that she cannot seem to do A work! Grrrr! This week starts the last half of the class, so its time to stop whining and start studying!

I am blogging while watching the snow fall. I will never tire of it and have actually enjoyed the many episodes of snow we have seen this winter. We so rarely get snow more than once that it is a beautiful treat to wake up to snow falling from the sky! A couple of weeks ago it snowed pretty hard. Everyone headed off to school and it was the day of my first big lab exam. I drove carefully all the way to PCC, only to hear they had JUST closed the campus for the day(the directing guard was posted near the buildings, NOT the entrance). So the next 45 minutes were spent getting turned around and getting in line behind EVERYONE else who was also leaving. What a mess. And honestly, the streets were fine, they truly did not need to do that. But it was not up to me. Our test was postponed, but as it turns out, I probably would have done much better taking it that day then waiting. My concentration levels were zero, but what can you do??

1 comment:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

First of all-- he will figure out gril and girl are different things and eventually will say it right- so enjoy it. I have been trying to get the kids to say Joseph instead of Jofess- I do this by having them overpronounce the "s"- but they still have it backwards and end up saying Jofesssssss.

Sorry about your class bumming you out. You are such a perfectionist and acedemic. Do your best- it will be good enough. I would still want you as my nurse anyway. :o>

Love ya!
Megan