Friday, February 27, 2009

February? Where have you gone??

So this year is off to a breathtakingly quick start! I know February is a short month, but its almost over and I don't quite know how that happened! We have been staying busy to say the least. Jake finished up his basketball season by placing third in the league. The last game was incredible. They were down by 16 and in about 30 seconds and 8 steals in a row later, they were tied. They kept working hard and won the game! Dad got to come watch the exciting victory, which of course made it all that much more fun! Jake has now started track and stays after school each day for practice. He is enjoying it so far and I am looking forward to his first meet! He is also manager for the Varsity team at Glencoe, so some days he goes to track, then the Varsity game and doesn't make it home until 9pm. He is one busy guy!!

Sunday I took Annalina and Jake over to see baby Kathryn. It was so fun to hold her and talk to Megan! It was also great to see Jake hold such a tiny little thing. He has gotten so big and she looked so tiny in his arms! On Wednesday I got to be part of our Blue and Gold Banquet for Cub Scouts and it was pretty fun. I learned a lot about Oregon along with my Bears! We woke up to more snow on Thursday morning. It was all melted by noon and my class did not get canceled, which was good. I had two huge tests this week and I have been having a much harder time this term. I did better on these tests than I did on the last ones, so that is good. I don't think I will get my grade back up to an A, but I think I can be happy with a B. And this is not just me being a perfectionist, I promise!! I need those A's to get into the affordable nursing program!

Oh, the coolest thing happened this week! I found my best friend from grade school on facebook! I got an account to keep an eye on Adrienne's online social life. But every now and then I look for old friends and its so fun to find them! Anyway, Michelle and I were best buds in Utah through grade school and Jr High until I moved to Oregon. We lost touch after a while and its been over 20 years, but it is so good to exchange emails with her and get to know her as an adult! She is such a fun person! We are hoping to both end up back in Utah someday!

No comments: