Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Me and my bad luck...

So I wrote about my laptop crashing early in October. Well lucky for me it was under warranty and Dell sent out a new hard drive asap, Richard installed it and that was that. Great, except now they want the old one back! I have about 1100 photos on the old broken hard drive, many of them from our long family vacation this summer. I also did a lot of digital scrapbook pages on that computer, and no, I had not had a chance to print them up yet. We can have a professional recover the data for us, but it will not be cheap. How do you put a price on something like that? I may have to save up for a while and eventually have it done, I just hope Dell will be patient with the return of the drive! I adore my husband. When I asked him his opinion on the subject he mentioned how many potential scrapbook opportunities would be lost if we do not try to get the date back! And he was being serious! Awwww....what a guy!

My computer drama does not end there. A couple weeks ago my nice big flat screen monitor on my work computer stopped working. It just went blank and Richard checked it out and confirmed that its time had come! So sad! Luckily we had a spare small monitor sitting around unused and so I plugged it in and was back in business. Its much smaller, but at that point I was just grateful to be able to use my computer again! You might think that would be the end of it. But alas, I have a new found unluckiness with technology. This weekend while using my computer the small monitor also just flicked off. Now what are the chances? Is it really true that bad things happen in threes? If so, am I done with computer issues? Well we still do not have it in our budget for a new monitor, so I am accessing my computer with the laptop with a nifty connection my husband set up for me. It is not easy doing all my work on a laptop, but again, I am feeling very grateful that this is an option! What would I do without my computer! Perhaps that is not even a question I should be posing!

Anyway, I have been posting photos on the blog like crazy lately, you may have noticed the sheer volume of them! More than usual. Well this is because the only photos I have from May on are the ones I posted here to share with all of you, the rest are trapped on a broken hard drive awaiting rescue! I am so happy to have these at least, and while this is not the solution for data backup, its nice to know they are here, just in case! If anyone has trouble getting the pages to load due to the many photos on them, please let me know!

1 comment:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

Uuuughhhh... that sucks. But I love how supportive Richard is to scrapbooking. Ok, so everyonw knows Jeremy scrapbooked a page and will never again, but he gives me a lot of ideas on what I could do-- does Richard do that for you? I bet he does and just won't admit it! lol.