Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I was wrong....

I only have THREE(not six) more classes until I am officially on Christmas break for a month. That is the good news, the bad is that all three are huge exams. I have my section three lecture exam next Tuesday, my section three lab exam on Thursday of next week and then the following Tuesday is the comprehensive final.

I have found a distinct pattern to my attitude of learning. At the beginning of each new section I feel overwhelmed and I tend to mentally freak out a bit. I start to question whether I have what it takes to be a nurse, or even if I have what it takes to get through the prerequisite's. As the classes go by, I start to understand theory and how things work, and although the details aren't always clear in my mind, the fog starts to lift. By the time the exams come along, I feel fairly confident, but I study like crazy for a few days before. This has worked well for me thus far, but I do wish I could skip the panicked questioning phase. I also wish I had a bit more time between upcoming exams to study for the next. I am grateful for the Thanksgiving break and will be using a lot of that to study!

1 comment:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

You are going to do great! Please let us have Joseph so you can study!