Friday, May 29, 2015

Momma Jeep & the Baby Birds

One day at the end of April, I went out to start the Jeep and the battery was dead.  I popped the hood to try to jump start it and found a little next with beautiful blue robin eggs in it.  I called the kids out and we decided the Jeep wasn't going anywhere until those baby birds hatched and took flight.  Annalina looked it up and learned it would be about 2 weeks until they hatched.  So we waited.

 

A couple days past two weeks I peeked and there were three sweet little baby birds all huddled together. 

 
Here is what they looked like after a week and a half...
 
 
 And this is what they looked like the last time I checked on them...

They have now flown away and we have cleaned all the remnants of the nest out of the engine compartment.  I cannot believe how messy these little guys are!  It was such a mess.  But well worth it to get to observe them from eggs all the way until the left the nest.  Nature is so much fun!

No comments: