Thursday, January 3, 2013

"Cupboard" Under the Stairs

Richard's sister Lesa moved in with us a couple weeks ago and will be here for a couple years while she too goes to BYU-I.  Our house is spacious, but the actual bedrooms are limited.  Joseph and Annalina have been sharing the BIG bedroom since we moved here.  So we put Lesa in with Annalina and Joseph has moved into the space under the stairs(that was how we sold the idea to him, he'd be like Harry Potter)!  We put up lights, a curtain and put his wire shelves and dresser in front to make it homier for him, but I am torn as to how I feel about it.  He very graciously gave up his own bed to his Aunt and he now sleeps on the floor. I asked him how he feels about his living situation. He sorta likes his space, but he misses his sister terribly(and don't tell her I told you, but she misses him too).  I do realize that they are too old to be sharing a room and he does need to get used to having a room to himself, but I do feel for him!  Jacob will be going on his mission in a few months, so most likely Joseph will move into his room and have a bed again!   So, what do you think?  Coolest thing ever?  Or am I scarring my child for life!  Ha! 



1 comment:

Patty said...

ha ha ha I think it's great. I don't know how old Joseph is ... but I bet my 6 yr old would think that was pretty neat. It might get old after awhile, but he has his brother's room he will be moving into shortly. Plus, how awesome to give up what he had for his Aunt! Love the lights!