Monday, January 17, 2011

Ahhh, Sunday!

We share a long middle row at church. We just don't fit so well on the side where we would prefer to be. Yesterday Joseph was sitting in the very middle and when the sacrament was being passed, he was not paying attention and our row neighbor Pam was holding the tray and no one was taking it from her. I leaned over to get Joseph's attention and tell him to stop playing until after the sacrament. Do you know what my sweet little five year old was doing? He had his scriptures open and was studying them closely. Well, he can't read, but still you don't want to discourage that kind of thing!! Later he was flipping through the pages looking for this week's sight words from school. He flipped to Alma and told Richard that this part was about Alma the Younger. No doubt he learned that from big sister Annalina. Wow, that really makes a mom proud! We really wanted to get Annalina scriptures for her 8th Birthday, but money was too tight with the move last year. We were thrilled to get her her very own full set this year. She took the Book of Mormon she had been using and gave it to Joseph so he could have something to take to primary. He absolutely LOVES his scriptures!! I have started reading with the little kids each day. Sometimes other family members join in, sometimes not, but that is ok. I decided if I wait for the whole family to be together for scripture study, it just won't happy. It is especially fun when little a&j remind me its time to read. I adore my kids!!

After Jacob blessed the bread, Annalina had a dreamy look on her face. I was thinking maybe a boy smiled at her or something so I asked her what was up. She said that it makes her feel so happy to hear Jacob bless the sacrament. I think often of the different experiences my kids have because of their age spread. The little ones have great examples to look up to in big A&J.

Sunday night we read some scriptures and then Richard and I and the little kids played a fun game of Scrabble! We haven't done that in ages! It was very fun!

2 comments:

lindaharper said...

Good for you! Your love of the scriptures is going to wear off on your children! You are such a good little mom! Our favorite car game when the boys were little was Name that prophet from the scriptures where we would all take turns giving clues.

Jill said...

How sweet Amy. A little slice of a happy day. I was sad we didn't get to visit more when I was up there. Such a quick trip and none of my family. I did talk to Richard a little...it was kinda hard because of the circumstances and all. I really like him. I think our Richards would get along really well. I hope we can come up sometime soon and just play!