Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dining out with the family!!!

Last night we went out to Olive Garden for dinner. We took all the kids which is something we rarely get to do due to the expense of dining out with 6! For my Birthday last year Richard's parents sent me a gift card, and for Richard's Birthday they sent him one as well. We decided to take everyone out since we all got great grades last term! Boy was I glad we had gift cards, Olive Garden has gotten far more expensive then I remember! The kids all did so well and enjoyed all you can eat bread sticks and salad while we waited for our main meals to come. Even with a 45 minute wait for a table, the little kids were wonderful. Our family has changed since the last time we went out together, when Joseph was at the age where we had to be sure to get in and out fast and bring along things to keep him busy. It is nice to go out without a diaper bag!! Sometimes I am so sad at how quickly my little family is growing up, but I am really enjoying this new stage of life in our family! (while I write this, little a&j are playing checkers together, it is too cute!)

No comments: