Monday, December 14, 2009

Joseph, Just Joseph

Today in the car on the way to preschool Joseph said, quite out of the blue, "Mom, when we turn a thousand, we die" and I asked him why and his answer was "a thousand is the last number" so I explained how numbers go on forever and he seemed a little disappointed that his reasoning was not correct! He is so funny! At first I was not looking forward to taking him to preschool and back since its about a half hour round trip, but I treasure the time we have in the car together. Joseph has always had trouble with several letters and their pronunciations, especially the letter s and l. So we work on that in the car. The other day he said he wuved me and I asked him if he could say "el" and he tried so hard and just about every other sound came out of his mouth. I asked him to try la la la la. And he did and finally got it and the proceeded to say I ullll-ove you mom! He was so excited and it is absolutely adorable how he enunciates the L sound every time. So he started saying every L word he could think of, including lollipop and Leila, his cousin's name. He is doing great and still says ullll, at the beginning of every L word. Oh and he was very excited that now he could sing Jingle Bells in Spanish correctly-"Cascabeles, Cascabeles, tra la la la la"(they have been working on that for the preschool Christmas program coming up). Joseph has quite a video game addiction. He LOVES to play Spyro the Dragon and I have to be very careful, because if it was up to him he'd play 24 hours a day and while it would be nice to have him occupied for so long, I know it is not good for him. One day he was very grumpy when I told him it was time to turn it off, so he had a couple days off from playing(he has been pleasant about it ever since). Well after those couple days he came to me and said, "Mom, I will be so good today, I will be a thousand good, and I have already been 40 good, so I only have 20 more to go". You just have to love the logic of a four year old! In case you can't tell, I adore my Joseph. I adore all my kids, but the stage Joseph is in right now is so incredibly fun. I wish I keep him this age for a few years. He is still so loving and sweet and will come up and hug me and snuggle out of the blue. His mind is always thinking, I love the things he comes up with. He is nice to other kids and is very sharing with his things for the most part. Kids are such a blessing!

No comments: