“To you who are parents, I say, show love to your children. You know you love them, but make certain they know it as well. They are so precious. Let them know. Call upon our Heavenly Father for help as you care for their needs each day and as you deal with the challenges which inevitably come with parenthood. You need more than your own wisdom in rearing them.”
Thomas S. Monson

Monday, December 14, 2009

Joseph, Just Joseph

Today in the car on the way to preschool Joseph said, quite out of the blue, "Mom, when we turn a thousand, we die" and I asked him why and his answer was "a thousand is the last number" so I explained how numbers go on forever and he seemed a little disappointed that his reasoning was not correct! He is so funny!

At first I was not looking forward to taking him to preschool and back since its about a half hour round trip, but I treasure the time we have in the car together. Joseph has always had trouble with several letters and their pronunciations, especially the letter s and l. So we work on that in the car. The other day he said he wuved me and I asked him if he could say "el" and he tried so hard and just about every other sound came out of his mouth. I asked him to try la la la la. And he did and finally got it and the proceeded to say I ullll-ove you mom! He was so excited and it is absolutely adorable how he enunciates the L sound every time. So he started saying every L word he could think of, including lollipop and Leila, his cousin's name. He is doing great and still says ullll, at the beginning of every L word. Oh and he was very excited that now he could sing Jingle Bells in Spanish correctly-"Cascabeles, Cascabeles, tra la la la la"(they have been working on that for the preschool Christmas program coming up).

Joseph has quite a video game addiction. He LOVES to play Spyro the Dragon and I have to be very careful, because if it was up to him he'd play 24 hours a day and while it would be nice to have him occupied for so long, I know it is not good for him. One day he was very grumpy when I told him it was time to turn it off, so he had a couple days off from playing(he has been pleasant about it ever since). Well after those couple days he came to me and said, "Mom, I will be so good today, I will be a thousand good, and I have already been 40 good, so I only have 20 more to go". You just have to love the logic of a four year old!

In case you can't tell, I adore my Joseph. I adore all my kids, but the stage Joseph is in right now is so incredibly fun. I wish I keep him this age for a few years. He is still so loving and sweet and will come up and hug me and snuggle out of the blue. His mind is always thinking, I love the things he comes up with. He is nice to other kids and is very sharing with his things for the most part. Kids are such a blessing!

No comments: