Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Isn't it Great? Annalina is Eight!!!

Happy Birthday to the sweetest little girl I know! Today is Annalina's eighth birthday! What a blessed eight years it has been. Annalina continues to bring such happiness into our lives and we love her so very much. Since Richard has to work very late tonight and the older kids have a temple trip this evening, we decided to celebrate and let her open her gifts last night. Richard and I spent the entire afternoon at the old house working in the garage, so Adrienne picked up the kids after school and took them home. She then made Annalina a birthday cake, a white cake with white frosting, at Annalina's request! When Richard and Igot home, I got dinner in the oven and we quickly wrapped her presents. There was nothing in the budget for birthday, so I was lucky to have thought to get prepared a while back. We had gotten her a baptism dress and she really likes it, it will be beautiful on her. I got her a gingerbread house, since she got one from the Consers last year and loved it so much, she asked for one this year too! And she got two barbies that I had ordered as a Kool Aid premium many many many years ago when Adrienne was little, but she was never into barbies. I found them while sorting through the garage and thought she would like them. And of course, she did! She named them Kathleen and Rosie. We have had a family tradition with the older kids that they get breakfast in bed on their birthdays. We did not do this with the younger kids since they were kind of young and with the bunk beds, it didn't seem like a good idea to have breakfast served way up there. This year Annalina was so excited at the thought of breakfast in bed. So I got up early and made her eggs and toast with applesauce and took it to her room. She was very happy! Happy Birthday Annalina, your family loves you more than you will ever know!!

1 comment:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

I can't wait to see her in her dress. What a precious little thing-- my last neice before my own children(That meant I was still cool- once I had kids my coolness factor plumetted).