Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pumpkin Carving and Oh The Mind of a Four Year Old

Richard was gone all last week up near Seattle working at Fluke to add yet more responsibilites to his job. Yet another person has been let go and Richard is up there figuring out what that person used to do and how they did it!! He has been home for the weekend, but is heading back up on Monday, bright and early. We miss him so much when he is gone! But it looks like travel may become more common for him. Yesterday he spent the day helping a family move and late in the day we went to get pumpkins. Today we carved. I covered the table in newspaper, had pumpkins in front of each kid and they all had markers to draw their faces on with. Richard is the official face carver. I was sitting across from Joseph and I said, "Ok guys, time to draw on your faces". I sat there and watched Joseph as he(with a very serious face) drew a strip up one cheek and then one down the other. I was about to get mad? What was he thinking!! Then it hit me, I told him to draw on his face and for once he was not about to question me. I was trying to explain to him what I had really meant, but was laughing so hard! Richard was too. It was one of those moments I will not forget! Here are some more photos of my adorable kids and hubby getting the pumpkins ready for their big Halloween debut! Wait, where is Adrienne??? Apparently at the old age of 17 she is no longer into carving pumpkins with the family. Well, that is ok, we feel blessed she was alright with it for the first 16 years!!

2 comments:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

He is funny. I am not sure how that thought process went: Draw on my face? This is too good to be true- I better not question it!

Jacki said...

So funny that Joseph wrote on his face- cute!
How are you?