Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Oh Happy Day!

I went in to wake up Annalina this morning for school. She was lying in bed reading a book!! I went downstairs to start breakfast and make lunches and there was Joseph on the sofa...READING A BOOK! Yippee! As a mother who adores reading there is no better sight than seeing both my little ones reading(or attempting to read) books! My two older kids do not have the passion for reading I do. My husband does not either and I get a lot of flack from them about how much I enjoy reading! So my hopes are now high that maybe Annalina and Joseph will be my reading buddies! My idea of a great vacation is sitting on the beach...with a book. Or relaxing by a warm fire...with a book. Or sitting in a hot tub...with a book. Maybe someday I will get to try lounging on a cruise ship...with a book! You just never know!

3 comments:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

I LOVE it! We just signed up for the reading program today-- Kathryn too-- I love that my kids love reading-- and I love that yours do too.

Jill said...

Could you imagine how much reading you could get done on a cruise without the kids? That'd be so great!

jae said...

Hi Amy!! I finally got a chance to come over and say hi! I love your blog, it's so fun to read.

I love reading and really hope that it rubs off on Dominic. So far he loves for me to read to him so hopefully that's a good start.

It was so great to see you last week. I hope we can all get together again some time. D really loved playing with Joseph or "Jofes" as he calls him and is happy to have another adopted cousin.

Hugs to you and your family! Jeanette