Thursday, April 16, 2009

Super Jake...And Why I Will Never Have the Title of Mother of the Year

Yesterday was a busy day. There was preschool, scouts and t-ball practice for Annalina. It was also track meet day for Jake. He informed me he was only running the 3000(that is like 7 laps). Oh yes, and he informed me he was running the varsity race for the first time this season! How cool is that? So we took Annalina to her practice and then stopped by to watch Jake run, only the meet was over and he wasn't there! Bummer, I really love watching that boy run. So we get home and he's not here either. Richard goes off to find him while I get the kids ready for bed. Minutes later they get home and guess what?? My freshman son not only ran the Varsity 3000 race, he came in FIRST place! And I missed it!!! I cannot believe I missed his first huge win! So congratulations to my super fast running son, who so generously forgives me for not being there to cheer him on and celebrate! Another victory for Jake when the Blazers won big last night securing the home court advantage in the NBA playoffs. We don't have cable, so he listens to the game on the radio, which is actually a step up from how he used to watch on the internet where they show a court with X's for the players and the score only gets updated every 90 seconds or so!

A side note...earlier in the week I had a bad day and could not sleep with all sorts of crazy things going through my head. I was up until about 3am fretting. At 7 it was time to get the little ones up. While fixing sack lunches I was telling Annalina how tired I was. She asked why and I told her I was up really really late. Her reply was "Did daddy kissing you keep you awake?" It was so cute! Sadly, I can honestly say that was not the case!

3 comments:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

I think you are mother of the year.... way to go Snakey Jakey! Woot Woot!

And sweet sweet Annalina-- they aren't too young these days to have the talk you know....

Jill said...

That is soooo great about Jake. Scotty used to run those long distance races, they are tough! Way to go!! And all us mom's miss things like that once in a while, you'd be a bad mom if you didn't care that you missed it. Annalina's comment made me laugh...why would she think that Amy? hee-hee :)

Beth said...

Awww... too bad about missing the meet.... but YAY for Jake! That's so great! And don't ya just love the funny things that kids say? You'll have to write that one down... too funny! Hope you're able to get some sleep now.... give me a ring if ya feel like 'venting' any of that stuff that's keeping ya awake to another female! LOL! (Usually helps ME... hee hee...)