Thursday, April 9, 2009

Career path of a 3 year old

As well as being a Jeterinarian as Joseph has planned for now, I see a great future in photography for him. Yesterday Joseph was playing trains in the front room, a favorite pastime of his. I was working in the kitchen and was glad he was busy and having fun. Then it got quiet, very quiet, too quiet. But in my joyous state of getting something done uninterrupted, I did not recognize that silence for what it was. You would think I would know better, just last week it got too quiet and I walked in on Joseph finger and toe painting the hardwood floor in the dining area with an entire bottle of Elmer's glue. Perfect sweet precious little footprints leading away from the mess... to the carpet. I know these times are fleeting and someday I will miss the little hand prints everywhere, but probably not the ones made with glue!! Back to my current story...

A few minutes later I realized I was not hearing the whirring sounds of trains going around the tracks. I was hearing nothing at all. Just then Joseph came flying around the corner to tell me, "Mom, I took pictures, I took ALL the pictures". Sure enough, he had dug my small digital camera out of my purse and had figured out how to turn it on and how to make it work. Below is some of his work, see the progression? Eventually he figured out how to get his fingers out of the shots and started taking photos of his toys and things that interested him. I think he may have a future in this! Just not with MY camera!!!
A close up of a pillow on the sofa.
Quite a few close ups of his fingers, but he did finally get it....
One of his favorite things to pay with!

Yes, a box of cereal on its side...on the carpet. How grateful we are that we cannot see the whole picture!!The skylight, interesting exposure....kinda pretty!
Our neighborhood!!
Ooops, the dogs didn't eat their breakfast yet!!

2 comments:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

This is hilarious-- totally his world thru his eyes. :o)

lindaharper said...

Boy, what a smart kid and very independent! Someday, he may be a famous inventor!