Friday, March 11, 2022

Hospitals. Hmmm.

Hospital pillows are a lot like cotton candy. They look all fluffy, but smoosh down to nothing when you lay down on them. And never fails, head hits pillow, door opens and I'm back up again! And speaking of cotton candy, I forgot my brush and had to buy one from the gift shop. It's cotton candy scented. Except it's not and it's a terrible scent, but I have to use it because there is nothing else. But my hair sure looks...like I'm living in a hospital. Lol They have a lovely Ronald McDonald family room on our floor. Very little of it is accessible due to covid. But they are very kind and there are laundry facilities and a couple shower rooms open. The nap rooms are closed. I could use a quiet place right about now. There is a fully stocked kitchen and volunteers who will get you a snack. I really feel for parents who spend long stretches in hospitals with their kiddos. This area, when fully operational, is important to sanity! Everyone here is really nice. And I'm so grateful for the great care Joseph is getting. Modern medicine is literally a lifesaver!! Definitely worth a few nights away from our own beds to get Joseph healthy!

No comments: