Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Plan

Hello friends!  This post is just to let you know what the plan is for conquering this cancer inside me. 

A week from today, on the 22nd I will go in for a hysterectomy.  No, this isn't really cancer related, but this will stop the chronic pain I am in and should keep me from being constantly anemic and I should have lots of energy once I am all healed!  Yay, 2016 has so much potential to be an amazing year.  After 2015, well, let's just say, it HAS to be better!

I should be home from the hospital no later than Christmas Eve.  I am not thrilled to be staying in the hospital, but it will be okay. Jacob is taking a few days off from work to be home to make sure all goes well here with the kiddos.  And hopefully they will get to come visit me in the hospital, so there is that to look forward to.  I am blessed with a dear friend who will take me to the hospital and be there with me to get me settled in.   Christmas will be interesting. I am just grateful I will get to spend it at home with my children.

On the 30th, just 8 days later, I will go down to Idaho Falls for another surgery, a lumpectomy, where a golf ball sized piece of tissue will be removed from my left breast.  That is a day surgery and I will be home that evening.  Yay!  Not sure what recover is going to be like, having two surgeries so close together is a little daunting.  But I know everything will be okay. 

I will meet with my Oncologist after the surgeries to learn when exactly radiation will begin.  Not sure if it will be right away, or if I wait until I am healed from the surgeries.  Either way, I have six weeks of driving back and forth to Idaho Falls for daily radiation treatment. 

 That should do it!  Hopefully it won't take too long for me to be back to normal, no, better than normal!  I look forward to having lots of energy, for not letting pain dictate my activities.  I am going to do my best to make next year a new beginning for myself.  I will set goals and I will prevail!  And then I might still just take a nap! 

1 comment:

Jenine Vrtiska said...

This is good news, Amy. I feel you have made good decisions about your health. You definitely have been blessed and I feel your faith for s bright future.