Monday, December 23, 2013

Salt Lake City!!!

One of my happiest memories as a child living in Salt Lake City was going to see Temple Square at Christmas time.  A week and a half ago, I found a great deal on a hotel and booked it so the littles and Richard could experience the same joy.  The littles didn't, but that is okay. They have their own favorite memories, I hope!  We left on Saturday in what was supposed to be a terrible storm. We took the Jeep to be sure we'd get there safely.  It was foggy the entire drive, and we missed seeing the snow covered mountains. Even Lagoon was a bit tricky to see in the fog. We got there in the afternoon and decided to wander City Creek in search of food.  Wow, there were SO many people out, it was tricky to get around at times!  Guess that's what we get for going the weekend before Christmas! 
Outside the HUGE Deseret Book store.

Trying his best to escape the evil camera!

About to enjoy a late lunch of SUSHI!  (After being told the best gift he could give me for Christmas was not to hide from the camera!)

Ready to dig in, Japanese style!

My kids are so awesome, they eat such a variety. It is so fun to take them out!

He looks like a poor homeless child. He got mad when I told him we weren't at the toy store to actually buy something! 
We walked back to the hotel through temple square!  I love it!  I could spend hours on Temple Square, but my family usually gives out before I do. I love the sweet spirit on Temple Square.
A winter wonderland for sure!
   




Isn't she sweet?  Twelve and still not too old to pose for Mom and her camera!

No comments: