Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Minkie Blankies

Joseph thinks of his life in terms of what blanket means the most to him at any given time.  He was baptized in June and when I asked him last week about the special dessert I made him, he could not remember what it was, but he DID remember the new blanket Grandma Frederick had brought him.  My mother made him a 5 layer flannel quilt when he was born and he had it with him ALWAYS!  In fact, after several repair jobs by grandma, we finally had to hide it from him, it was literally in tatters!  I made a minkie blanket a few months back and he loved it so much he kept asking me to make him one.  So, starting in October, every couple of weeks I'd go to the local craft store and buy a 2 and a half yard piece of minkie fabric.  Soon I had enough for a blanket for Joseph and one for Annalina.  These blankets are so soft and warm.  I think even Richard and Jacob were eying them longingly this morning! 

I am not very good at sewing and these blankets took a lot of work.  Some of the seems are crooked and there are some other imperfections as well.  I am ok with that. I hope that if anything, my kiddos will know how much I love them because although I struggled to complete each blanket, I wanted so much for them to each have one, that even when it got frustrating, I kept going.  Christmas morning was well worth all the effort. The kids wore their blankets around all day!

   
Brown Zebra print on one side...

Giraffe print on the other side! In this photo, Joseph is rubbing the corner on his bottom lip, something he always does with his blankets. It looks like this one passed his test!

Genuine smiles...a rarity from Joseph!

Aren't they just the cutest??

Love my kiddos so much!

No comments: