“To you who are parents, I say, show love to your children. You know you love them, but make certain they know it as well. They are so precious. Let them know. Call upon our Heavenly Father for help as you care for their needs each day and as you deal with the challenges which inevitably come with parenthood. You need more than your own wisdom in rearing them.”
Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Feathered Friend

Joseph went to bed the other night and heard a sound in his window well.  It scared him so he went to get Daddy.  A baby bird had fallen into the well and could not get out.  Richard got a towel and helped it out.  Later as I put Annalina to bed, we looked out and it was just sitting there on the lawn. I started to worry that it had died because it was not moving at all. I went out to check on it and it was as still as a statue.  I sat by it for a while. We figured the poor guy was just too tired to try hopping or flying away.  I was worried about cats getting to it, so I sat with it until it got up the energy to hop off.  We heard its momma nearby chirping to it.



No comments: