Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Amazing Weather

Wow, not sure I want to admit this, but its true, I have learned to love summer in Rexburg, maybe not as much as winter, but I will look forward to it next year, that is for sure!  It has been hot, very hot and I have never been a huge fan of overheating. Luckily, we have learned how to keep comfortable in our non-AC house. We know when to open everything up, where to place all the fans, when to close it all back up in the morning.  We spend a lot of evenings in the basement, including eating dinner down there many nights when the upstairs has just gotten too hot.

This week the thunder storms have come back and I LOVE them!  The weather forecast will say 10% chance of rain and almost without fail we get a huge downpour of rain with rolling thunder and vibrant lightning.  Some days the dark clouds roll in and the thunder can be heard for an hour or more.  I love this with all my heart. It reminds me of growing up in Salt Lake and since we lived up at the base of the mountain, we could see most of the valley. When a storm blew in we could see the lightning for miles.  Oregon gets a lot of rain, but not so much lightning, so I have loved seeing the big storms come in. I love to sit on my front porch and watch and listen and feel the cool breeze.  I wonder if I will ever get so use to the storms that I don't stop everything I am doing to go and watch!  Mother nature really knows how to put on a show here!

No comments: